Media & Public Relations (1W, 2W):
- Read Chapter 2 of “Media & Culture: An Introduction to Mass Communication”
- Be prepared for chapter quiz in next class
Varsity Journalism (3W):
- Work on Kansas State Fair Scholastic Press Corps competition preparations
21st Century Journalism (5A):
- Review the elements of a good story in your textbook. Then in one or two paragraphs, explain what element or elements of each of the following events make it newsworthy:
- Police Chief Carlos Briceno is named Man of the Year by the local chamber of commerce.
- A store employee who reported a fire that did extensive damage to the store last night was taken into custody after police discovered that the store had been burglarized and found some of the merchandise int he employee’s car.
- A national study found that the local cancer detention center has the highest rate of inaccurate diagnoses in the nation. The director of the center disputes the findings.