This course teaches a basic understanding of the graphic design process. Topics include analyzing the design elements and principles, exploring industry tools, software and equipment and learning composition techniques to develop a quality product.
- Learn principles of and elements of design
- Gain a foundation in recognizing design elements
- Develop basic hands on-skills in the use of graphic design software and materials
- Recognize, evaluate, and create graphic design projects
- Explore careers in graphic design.
Example Areas of Focus:
- Overview of history and principles of design
- Desktop publishing (layout, InDesign basics)
- Typography, headlines and captions
- Promotional design (posters, fliers, ads)
- Story package design
- Visual graphics (art, photos, composition, Photoshop)
- Page/spread design