This course teaches and presents an introduction to the design, creation and maintenance of web pages and websites. Students will learn about web design standards and how to create web pages using numerous technologies used in digital communications.
Using the current standard web page language, students will be instructed on creating and maintaining a simple website. After the foundation language has been established, the aid of an web editor will be introduced. Other web-based languages will be included to further enhance the websites.
Equipped with a historical understanding of the web’s evolution and key industry-standard design guidelines to ensure strong online presentation, students will have a foundational knowledge of website creation and apply it to the planning, design and development of their own web page. Critical thinking will be encouraged through class interactions, projects and online postings.
- Be able to read and write basic HTML and CSS code
- Create a full functioning website
- Understand how to upload websites to a web server
- Be familiar with different web design theories and understand web terminology
- Developing and applying creative ideas to web design problems
- Developing excellent craftsmanship and professional skills
Example Areas of Focus:
- Fundamentals of Web Basics
- HTML Basics and Web Design Editors
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Graphic Design for the Web
- Design and Color
- Legal and Ethical Issues on the Web
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Muse
- Adobe Slate
- Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Online Web Design
- Future Trends in Web Development and Careers